Advantages of Skid Steer Over The Tire (OTT) Tracks
There are plenty of advantage of running Over the Tire Tracks as opposed to Skid Steer Tires
Some advantages of using skid steer over the tire tracks are:
1. Enhanced Traction, Versatility and Lateral Stability
Over the Tire (OTT) tracks offer enhanced traction and lateral stability which can be particularly useful when working on steep, hilly terrains. On slopes and steep hills, they are able to maintain traction. Improved traction also makes working on wet, muddy terrain much easier. Different from standard Skid Steer Tracks, OTT Tracks actually go over both tires on your machine.
- Shop our wide selection of Rubber Skid Steer Tracks today!
2. Increased Flotation and Mobility
Traveling over obstacles in environments littered with tree branches and demolition debris found on construction sites is much easier with the OTT system. It is less likely for your skid steer track loader to sink and get stuck in muddy terrains when using over the tire tracks.
3. Better Overall Control of Machinery
OTT tracks systems provide a smoother ride with better stability and overall better control.
4. Skid Steer Tire Protection
Using Over The Tire tracks on your Skid Steers help to preserve the service life of your tires by protecting your tires from punctures caused from debris on harsh terrains. This guarantees that your Skid Steer’s overall service life is prolonged.
5. Easy Installation
Over The Tire Tracks come with installation kits that make them easy to install and easy to take off as needed, minimizing downtime. Within a matter of a few minutes, you can outfit your Skid Steer Loader with an OTT track and have it up and ready to work on any job-site!
Despite these fantastic benefits, a concern some operators might have when buying OTT tracks is the price. Depending on the jobs or applications you are focused on when considering an Over The Tire (OTT) track system, purchasing Over the Tire tracks is an investment. However, it is definitely worth it so do not discard this option just because you might be worried about the price. Remember to contact a professional at Monster Tires today to discuss whether or not this is the best option for you. Monster Tires offers the lowest prices available and we will work with you to make sure that we find cost-effective solutions to meet your needs and your budget.
We offer both rubber and steel options for Over The Tire Tracks:
- Rubber Over the Tire Tracks are great if you’re looking for enhanced flotation and traction for your skid steer loader. They also provide increased stability and better control, traveling smoothly over muddy and gravelly terrains. There is less damage to concrete and asphalt when using rubber over the tire tracks. They offer smoother rides by reducing machine vibration, an advantage that skid steer operators appreciate.
- Steel Over the Tire Tracks are cost-efficient alternatives for your skid steer loader. They work great on mud, sand and clay. They offer enhanced flotation in muddy environments and provide maximum traction and grip in harsh, uneven terrains. On stony or gravelly surfaces, our Steel Over The Tire (OTT) tracks can help to protect your tires from punctures caused by the sharp edges of stones and other abrasive materials that can be found on heavy construction sites.
We also offer OTT tracks that are a fusion of rubber and steel OTT tracks
With these track systems, you can operate your skid steer with or without rubber pads, depending on the terrain you are operating on. These track systems have fusion links with a flat plate that runs along the full width of the track. This increases flotation and works efficiently on wet terrains and sand. If, however, you want to use your fusion OTT track system over surfaces like asphalt for example, simply install the rubber pads to protect the surface from scarring and damage. Our OTT track systems are easy to install – no more than 20 minutes to install and no more that 15 minutes to remove so you can get to the business of completing your projects faster and efficiently!
Rebuilds and Repairs on Rubber OTT Tracks
Monster Tires also offers rebuild kits for your equipment so that you don’t have to replace the entire track when one component malfunctions. If you need to replace parts such as washers, bolts and nuts, look no further than Monster Tires to meet your needs! Our rebuild kits are very affordable when compared to other retailers and are of the highest quality for the smooth functioning of your skid steers and other heavy construction equipment.
Replacement Rubber Pads for OTT Tracks?
If you are in the market for replacement rubber pads and steel links, no worries – you’ve come to the right place! Sometimes, over time, steel links get damaged or even break and need to be replaced. We offer only premium rubber pads and steel links to ensure that you get the most out of your equipment.
Consider OTT Tracks to go over you 10X16.5, 12X16.5 or 14X17.5 Skid Steer Tires
So consider OTT tracks for your skid steer for optimal performance on job sites and varying terrains. Our OTT tracks can be outfitted on a wide range of available skid steer models and makes from major manufacturers such as Bobcat, John Deer, Case, Caterpillar, to mention a few. Do not hesitate to contact Monster Tires today and we will lead you in the right direction in finding the right track system to suit your needs.